Thanks Vicky for your reply!

Re 1/2): I think you have a great point here to adhere with the existing
implementation, I'm convinced. In that case we do not need to consider
left/outer-joins, and hence do not need to worry about the extra store in
the impl.

Re 3): I'm curious how the compatibility is preserved since with
optimizations turned on, we would use fewer stores and hence the store name
suffixes would change. In your experiment did you specifically specify the
store names, e.g. via Materialized? I'd be glad if it turns out to really
be conveniently backward compatible, and rest with my concerns :)

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang