Hey Sagar, thanks for the KIP!

Just some cosmetic points to make it absolutely clear what this KIP is
doing:
1) could you clarify up front in the Motivation section that this is
focused on Kafka Streams applications, and not the plain Producer client?
2) you included the entire implementation of the `#send` method to
demonstrate the change in logic, but can you either remove the parts of
the implementation that aren't being touched here or at least highlight in
some way the specific lines that have changed?
3) In general the implementation is, well, an implementation detail that
doesn't need to be included in the KIP, but it's ok -- always nice to get a
sense of how things will work internally. But what I think would be more
useful to show in the KIP is how things will work with the new public
interface -- ie, can you provide a brief example of how a user would go
about taking advantage of this new interface? Even better, include an
example of what it takes for a user to accomplish this behavior before this
KIP. It would help showcase the concrete benefit this KIP is bringing and
anchor the motivation section a bit better.

Also nit: in the 2nd sentence under Public Interfaces I think it should say
"it would invoke the partition()  method" -- ie this should be
"partition()" not "partition*s*()"

Other than that this looks good, but I'll wait until you've addressed the
above to cast a vote.

Thanks!
Sophie