Hi Ziming,

Thanks for the reply. It may not be a public interface, yes, but it is
annotated with the @InterfaceStability.Unstable annotation from which I
presumed it'll be public at some point. Therefore in my KIP I proposed to
take it public as we've seen significant interest from our users towards
stretch clusters and this kind of replica placement I described. In fact in
our latest release we've already implemented something like this and we'd
like to contribute it back if the community also feels the need for it.
May I ask why don't you want to make this public?

Thanks,
Viktor