Hello, Aaron and welcome to the project!

If you look towards the bottom of a Pull Request there will be a section
reporting the status of the Checks for the latest commit.
There is a "Details" link that takes you to the Jenkins job for that PR.

The default Jenkins view is the new UI (called Blue Ocean I think?). The
"Classic" Jenkins view is also available by clicking the button near the
top:

[image: image.png]

>From the Classic view it's pretty straightforward to download the console
log for the job to see what went wrong.

Our build steps are defined in the Jenkinsfile
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/Jenkinsfile> checked into the
repository. We do have a compile + static analysis step that happens before
running tests.

-David

--
-David