Hi all,

I just wanted to post an update on this KIP since it has been dormant for a
while now. The original issue that motivated this KIP was resolved by
tweaking some configurations for the client that the connector was using to
talk to the external system. Instead of discarding this KIP, however, I've
heavily reduced its scope to only include the following improvements:

   - Abort create / update connector requests if the config validation
   causes the request to time out (instead of the existing behavior of
   proceeding to create / update a connector even after serving a 500 response
   to the user)
   - Fix the double config validation issue in Connect's distributed mode

I was on the fence about whether or not this required a KIP but since we're
technically changing the behavior of a public endpoint in certain cases, I
decided to err on the side of caution and continue with a public discussion
and vote.

Thanks,
Yash