Hi Krishna, thanks for opening this discussion.

I see you created two separate KIPs (974 and 975), but there are some
common points (build system and test plan).

Currently, the Docker image used for system tests is only supported in
that limited scope, so the maintenance burden is minimal. Providing
official Kafka images would be much more complicated. Have you
considered how the image rebuild process would work in case a high
severity CVE comes out for a non Kafka image dependency? In that case,
there will be no Kafka release.

Br
Fede