I am assuming that you are referring to the RSM.fetchLogSegment() API call.
The RemoteLogSegmentMetadata object passed to it contains
RemoteLogSegmentId which contains information about Topic and the Partition
for this segment. Isn't that information sufficient for your use case? If
not, RemoteLogSegmentMetadata also contains a map, CustomMetadata which is
opaque to the broker and is populated by RemoteLogMetadataManager. You can
choose to feed any attributes you require into this custom metadata and
read it in RSM.

Does this answer your question?

--
Divij Vaidya