Hi Greg,

Thanks for writing this KIP.
I agree with you that handling this now will help us react to the
deprecation of SecurityManager, whenever it happens.

I had a question regarding how we deprecate JDKs supported by Apache Kafka.
When we drop support for JDK 17, will we set the “-target” option of Javac
such that the resulting JARs will not load in JVMs which are lesser than or
equal to that version ?

Thanks,
Ashwin