Hey all,

(thanks to Josep for reviewing the 3.8 bump PR)

I have two more PRs to get reviewed regarding the release:
- targeting trunk: MINOR: Update documentation.html with the 3.7 release
#15010 <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15010>
- targeting 3.7: MINOR: Update documentation.html with the 3.7 release
#15011 <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15011>

Additionally, I have one ask:
- if you are reading this message, can you double-check the list of KIPs
being released in the Release Page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+3.7.0> and
if you recognize any KIP you are involved it - can you ensure that the data
in the page & the associated JIRA/KIP (target release, merge status, vote
status) is up to date?

I have myself went over the list of KIPs and a bit of the commit history. I
think KIPs:
- KIP-998: Give ProducerConfig(props, doLog) constructor protected access
- KIP-938: Add more metrics for measuring KRaft performance
are slipping this release.

By far our biggest feature this release, KIP-848 The Next Generation of the
Consumer Rebalance Protocol, is a bit on the border. The main PR that KIP
is dependent on is this KAFKA-15456: Commit/Fetch error handling
improvements and V9 support #14557
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/14557>.
While it's a gray area, I am weighing this change more on the stabilization
side as well as allowing it to come in the middle of feature freeze for two
chief reasons: a) it fixes issues that were recently discovered, hence can
be marked as stabilization work and b) it only touches the code path used
for Early Access, and not the existing production code path (hence doesn't
substantially risk the release)

Additionally, KIP-858 has one minor but important change pending
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/14984>.

With that, I remind you that there are only 6 days to code freeze! It's not
long until we will have our very first Apache Kafka 3.7 RC! Let's get this
shipped.

Best,
Stanislav

--