Hi Ismael,

Yes both KIPs have been voted.
My point, which admittedly wasn't clear, was to gauge the interest in
getting them done and if so identifying people to drive these tasks.

KIP-719 shouldn't require too much more work to complete. There's a PR
[0] which is relatively straightforward. I pinged Lee Dongjin.
KIP-653 is more involved and depends on KIP-719. There's also a PR [1]
which is pretty large.

Yes log4j3 was on my mind as it's expected to be compatible with
log4j2 and bring significant improvements.

0: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/10244
1: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/7898

Thanks,
Mickael