Hi, Jose,

Thanks for the reply.

15. VotersRecord: Ok. I got the need for including the listener name in the
endpoint. Currently, controller.quorum.voters can only specify one endpoint
per voter. So, we can only support one listener. It's fine if we want to
extend that in this KIP.
15.1 "In this configuration, the local replica needs to use
CONTROLLER_PLAINTEXT because that is what is supported by all of the
voters."
   Hmm, my understanding is that what listener to use can be made pairwise
between the sender and the receiver. There is no need to pick the same
listener across all voters, right?
15.2  When bootstrapping with just one controller, we could register a
single voter with multiple listeners from controller.listener.names and
listeners. However, when bootstrapping with multiple controllers,
kafka-storage only has the option to specify one listener
(--controller-quorum-voters <replica-id>-<replica-uuid>@<host>:<port>) per
voter. Should we make them consistent?

18.3 : "It will not use the metadata layer (QuorumController) to update and
persist the finalized kraft.version."
So, we depend on KRaftVersionRecord to propagate finalized kraft.version to
brokers/controllers? It would be useful to document that.

27. "My plan is to rely on KIP-996: Pre-vote:".
Hmm, Diego's paper says "Unfortunately, the Pre-Vote phase does not solve
the problem of disruptive servers". Is that a real issue?

30. So, VotersRecords and LeaderChangeRecord are controlled by
both kraft.version and metadata.version? How do we resolve conflicts? For
example, if a user downgrades kraft.version, do we automatically downgrade
metadata.version to the matching level?

31. kafka-features now has --release-software. Could we
change kafka-storage to be consistent? Currently, kafka-storage takes
--release-version.

32. Now that we have more than one feature, should we extend kafka-storage
to also support --feature FEATURE like kafka-features?

Jun