Hi Kirk,

Interesting proposal! I gave it a shot with one of my own prior KIPs and
was able to generate https://s.apache.org/kip-618 for it.

It looks like uppercase characters aren't permitted for URL IDs (even
though the regex listed in that text box does claim to allow them).

I can't commit to doing this for every KIP in perpetuity, but I wouldn't
mind giving it a shot on at least a trial basis unless any of my colleagues
have objections.

Best,

Chris