With new producer it will still do the hash based partitioning based on
keys if the messages have keys. However it is a bit harder to customize
partitioning logic as the new producer do not expose the partitioner any
more.

Guozhang

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Bhavesh Mistry <mistry.p.bhav...@gmail.com

--