Hi all,

Thanks for the KIP. This is definitely a worthwhile feature. However, I am
a bit sceptical on the ZK part of the story. The 3.8 release is supposed to
be the last one supporting ZK so I don't really see how we could bring it
to ZK, knowing that we don't plan to do a 3.9 release (current plan). I
strongly suggest clarifying this before implementing the ZK part in order
to avoid having new code [1] being deleted right after 3.8 is released
:). Personally, I agree with Chia-Ping and Mickael. We could drop the ZK
part.

[1] https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/16131

Best,
David