Hi Josep,

A contributor just raised a regression [1] that I think should be addressed
in 3.8.0 prior to the release.

startup when operators install other, unrelated plugins that package the
Jackson library.
Severity: Workers will continue to operate normally and the errors will be
cosmetic. Operators and automatic systems that watch logs may roll-back
upgrades due to the perception of a severe problem.
Impact: I found 12 out of 250 third-party plugins that package the Jackson
library and trigger this error on upgrade. This will almost certainly
affect several users upon upgrades, and does not require obscure setups.
Risk: The contributor has opened a simple fix PR [3], and I have verified
that it addresses the problem, and can be merged tomorrow. As an
alternative, we can revert the performance change completely [4] but I want
to avoid this.

With the above, what would you like to do for this release? Merge the fix,
revert, or leave as-is?

Thanks,
Greg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-17111