Hi Mickael,

Thanks for the KIP!

This is a useful feature which helps to decommission the nodes by
essentially
creating a new replica exclude broker list.

To cordon a list of brokers, we have to apply the config on each of the
broker nodes
and similarly to see the list of cordoned brokers, we have to either query
individual broker
config in the cluster or query each of the broker log directory.

Can we move the configuration from the broker to cluster level? (eg)

bin/kafka-configs.sh --bootstrap-server localhost:9092 --broker-defaults
--alter --add-config
cordoned.log.dirs=[broker.id.0]:[log.dir.0],[broker.id.1]:[log.dir.1]

This will provide a consistent view of the list of cordoned brokers in the
cluster.

--
Kamal