I just realized that both

- ValueTransformerWithKey and
- ValueTransfromerWithKeySupplier

are still used by non-deprecated `KTable#transformValues()`. So we cannot deprecate them with this KIP.

I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-17178 for tracking.

As an alternative, we could extend this KIP and include K17178 that I just filed, but it would be a larger change. I frankly just wanted to tie up a few loose ends w/o the need to do a larger KIP.

Hope you are all ok with keeping the KIP as-is and simple, and we wait for somebody else to pickup K17178.

Thoughts?

-Matthias