Hi Colin and all,

If KIP-853 can complete in v3.9.0 in time (or a little delay), I agree we
should try to keep v3.9.0 as the last release before v4.0.
This way, it will let all Kafka ecosystem projects have a clear (and
certain) picture about what will happen in Apache Kafka.

Hi Colin,
For KIP-950 (KAFKA-15132 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-15132>)
to allow to disable tiered storage on topic level, the PR is under review
and we should be able to merge within this week.
For KIP-1005 (KAFKA-15857
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-15857>) to expose remote
storage related offset in kafka-get-offsets.sh, this KIP was reverted in
v3.8.0 because of MV issue. We'd like to add it back and can be completed
within this week.

These 2 KIPs are important feature for tiered storage, we hope they can be
added into v3.9.0.

Thank you.
Luke