Hi Vivek

The next 4.4.0 RC, which includes the updates you mentioned, is being prepared. 
We will let you know once the artifacts are uploaded.

Best,
Chia-Ping

> Vivek Agarwal B via dev <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月29日 上午11:49 寫道:
> 
> Hi Chia-Ping,
> 
> Thank you for considering this request.
> 
> Could you please let me know when the formal release of Kafka 4.4.0 is 
> expected to be available?
> 
> Our product currently uses Kafka 4.3.0, and we plan to migrate to Kafka 
> 4.4.0, as several vulnerabilities have been addressed in the newer version. 
> Since our product release is approaching, we would like to integrate and test 
> Kafka 4.4.0 to identify and address any migration or functionality issues.
> 
> Could you please provide us with a test build based on the latest Kafka 4.4.0 
> release candidate, if available?
> 
> Regards
> Vivek
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chia-Ping Tsai <[email protected]>
> Sent: 28 September 2026 21:49
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: 4.4.0 Release Manager
> 
> [You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is 
> important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]
> 
> Hi Vivek
> 
> I have backported the Jetty and zstd-jni updates to the 4.4 branch. Also, I 
> opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-21175 to update Jackson 
> for the 4.4 branch. They will be included in 4.4.0.
> 
> Best,
> Chia-Ping
> 
>> On 2026/09/28 15:44:07 Vivek Agarwal B via users wrote:
>> Hi Chia-Ping,
>> 
>> Although some of these vulnerabilities may not be directly involved in 
>> Kafka’s execution path, it is difficult to rule out potential exploitation 
>> by an attacker. Therefore, I request that they be addressed in Kafka v4.4.0 
>> itself to avoid additional remediation activities later.
>> 
>> Regards
>> Vivek
>> 
>> ________________________________
>> From: Chia-Ping Tsai <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2026 8:51 PM
>> To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
>> Subject: RE: 4.4.0 Release Manager
>> 
>> [You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is
>> important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]
>> 
>> Hi Vivek
>> 
>> Thanks for sharing. Since we are running the 4.4.0 RC and those CVEs don't 
>> affect Kafka's code paths, I'd like to upgrade these dependencies after this 
>> RC completes and include them in 4.4.1. WDYT?
>> 
>> Best,
>> Chia-Ping
>> 
>>> On 2026/09/26 03:08:18 Vivek Agarwal B via dev wrote:
>>> Hi Omnia,
>>> 
>>> Several vulnerabilities have been identified in the libraries included in 
>>> the Kafka 4.4.0 release candidate (RC). Considering the number and severity 
>>> of these vulnerabilities, could you please consider upgrading the affected 
>>> libraries to the specified fixed versions as part of Kafka 4.4.0 itself?
>>> 
>>> Upgrading these dependencies before the final Kafka 4.4.0 release would 
>>> help address the identified security findings and avoid additional 
>>> remediation activities after release.
>>> 
>>> The details are provided below:
>>> 
>>> 1. Jetty
>>> Current version: 12.0.37
>>> Recommended version: 12.0.39
>>> Vulnerabilities addressed:
>>> CVE-2026-12611
>>> CVE-2026-19203
>>> CVE-2026-19204
>>> 
>>> 2. Jackson
>>> Current version: 2.21.6
>>> Recommended version: 2.21.7
>>> Vulnerabilities addressed:
>>> CVE-2026-91776
>>> CVE-2026-91777
>>> CVE-2026-89425
>>> CVE-2026-89407
>>> 
>>> 3. zstd-jni
>>> Current version: 1.5.6-10
>>> Recommended version: 1.5.7-20
>>> Vulnerabilities addressed:
>>> CVE-2026-87795
>>> CVE-2026-87825
>>> CVE-2026-90560
>>> CVE-2026-87824
>>> CVE-2026-90852
>>> CVE-2026-87823
>>> CVE-2026-89046
>>> 
>>> Regards
>>> Vivek
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Bill Bejeck <[email protected]>
>>> Sent: 25 September 2026 19:37
>>> To: [email protected]
>>> Subject: Re: 4.4.0 Release Manager
>>> 
>>> Hi Omnia,
>>> 
>>> Thanks, I've cherry-picked KAFKA-20416
>>> 
>>> Regards,
>>> Bill
>>> 
>>>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 12:24 AM <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Please go ahead and  cherry pick it I will trigger a new RC again
>>>> Friday
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>> 
>>>>> On 24 Sep 2026, at 18:01, Bill Bejeck <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Hi Omnia/Chia-Ping
>>>>> 
>>>>> We just fixed a critical bug PR -
>>>> https://gith/
>>>> ub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F23570&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agar
>>>> wal%
>>>> 40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd47
>>>> abbe
>>>> 52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421170909826%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3
>>>> d8ey
>>>> JFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoi
>>>> TWFp
>>>> bCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=qladZQnvBgsSj4v1cboNGG3OUf
>>>> JGQb
>>>> yVgUmelF3lpN4%3D&reserved=0
>>>>> JIRA - 
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-20416<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-20416>.
>>>>> It's a small 1-line fix. I don't think this meets the bar for a
>>>>> blocker
>>>> as
>>>>> it's not a regression, but I'd like to cherry-pick this to 4.4
>>>>> and if we need another RC for some reason this would ship with 4.4.
>>>>> 
>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>> 
>>>>>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 12:36 AM Chia-Ping Tsai
>>>>>> <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Hi Andrew
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I have reviewed
>>>>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/23499<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/23499>,
>>>>>>  and the fix makes sense to me.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> +1 to cherry-pick it into 4.4. I left some minor comments on
>>>>>> +the PR, and
>>>>>> they can be addressed in follow-ups.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Best,
>>>>>> Chia-Ping
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Andrew Schofield <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月21日週一
>>>>>> 上午5:17寫道:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Hi Omnia,
>>>>>>> I have merged
>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%252
>>>>>>> F%2F
>>>>>>> github.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F23499&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.
>>>>>>> agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92
>>>>>>> e84c
>>>>>>> ebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421170951800%7CUnkn
>>>>>>> own%
>>>>>>> 7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAi
>>>>>>> OiJX
>>>>>>> aW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=by
>>>>>>> XWcA
>>>>>>> 0l7rub52Tj53JAKEqXHr2%2FDxw5gg7efr7Z2DQ%3D&reserved=0 and
>>>>>>> would
>>>> like
>>>>>>> to cherry-pick into 4.4 to resolve the blocking issue.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>> Andrew
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> On 2026/09/18 12:30:58 Andrew Schofield wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hi Omnia,
>>>>>>>> An update on the blocker issue 21106. I have a PR building on
>>>>>>>> trunk
>>>>>>> which I expect to be the candidate to cherry pick (
>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%252
>>>>>>> F%2F
>>>>>>> github.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F23499&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.
>>>>>>> agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92
>>>>>>> e84c
>>>>>>> ebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421170963389%7CUnkn
>>>>>>> own%
>>>>>>> 7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAi
>>>>>>> OiJX
>>>>>>> aW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=5Z
>>>>>>> sx7Z Hy9SeocOEoWP0WaFUnNR8XisEW%2BveFQvgeLV8%3D&reserved=0).
>>>>>>> Once the build is green
>>>> and
>>>>>>> we are finished with validation, I'll request permission to
>>>>>>> cherry
>>>> pick.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>> Andrew
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> On 2026/09/16 17:42:10 Apoorv Mittal wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Hi Omnia,
>>>>>>>>> There is a memory leak bug in ShareConsumer, which seems to
>>>>>>>>> be a
>>>>>>> blocker
>>>>>>>>> for now. I have raised the jira:
>>>>>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-21106<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-21106>
>>>>>>>>>  and PR:
>>>>>>>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/23478<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/23478>.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> We are working to resolve it; I'll keep the group posted.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>> Apoorv Mittal
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 3:29 PM Chia-Ping Tsai
>>>>>>>>> <[email protected]>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Hi Bill
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> I left a small comment on the PR, and +1 to the 4.4 branch
>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Best,
>>>>>>>>>> Chia-Ping
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Bill Bejeck <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月14日週一 下午9:59寫道:
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Omnia/Chia,
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> I just merged
>>>>>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%25
>>>>>>>>>>> 3A%252
>>>>>>>>>>> F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F22102&data=05%7C0
>>>>>>>>>>> 2%7C
>>>>>>>>>>> vivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1
>>>>>>>>>>> b0e7
>>>>>>>>>>> c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421
>>>>>>>>>>> 1711
>>>>>>>>>>> 45914%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYi
>>>>>>>>>>> OiIw
>>>>>>>>>>> LjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%
>>>>>>>>>>> 3D%7
>>>>>>>>>>> C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=fITUn7SOCXp0J7kJuULU%2B3WdyYlEUCQPzjrgKd
>>>>>>>>>>> 23Nv
>>>>>>>>>>> U%3D&reserved=0 into
>>>>>>> trunk,
>>>>>>>>>> it's
>>>>>>>>>>> a
>>>>>>>>>>> small bugfix PR and is low risk.
>>>>>>>>>>> Ok for me to merge this into 4.4 to get it into the next RC?
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>> Bill
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Sep 9, 2026 at 5:21 PM Matthias J. Sax
>>>>>>>>>>> <[email protected]
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>> I merged the other blocker follow-up for the KIP-909 issue.
>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>> -Matthias
>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>> On 9/9/26 10:15 AM, Lianet Magrans wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Omnia/Chia,
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I just merged one of the remaining blockers
>>>>>>>>>>>>> (KAFKA-21010) and
>>>>>>>>>>>> cherry-picked
>>>>>>>>>>>>> it to 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lianet
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2026 at 12:08 PM Andrew Schofield <
>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've just merged
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://htt/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ps%253
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F23014&data=
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 05%7
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4cee
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bcaa
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %7C6
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 39259421171169678%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hc
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GkiO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFp
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bCIs
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=JIUtxqot5GvawQW6sx1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iXCB
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CGFYHUVXdmU00K3D07o8%3D&reserved=0
>>>>>>> into
>>>>>>>>>>> trunk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> which address one of the 4.4 blockers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> It should also be cherry-picked to 4.4.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andrew
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 2026/08/18 04:15:32 Chia-Ping Tsai wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'd like to cherry-pick this to 4.4, given it's a
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> one-line
>>>>>>> change
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> seems low
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> risk.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have reviewed that change and cherry-picked it to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chia-Ping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 2026/08/17 17:17:44 Bill Bejeck wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Omina and Chia-Ping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have a minor PR (one line change) http://https/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F23182&d
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ata=
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb167
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7a4c
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> eebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %7C0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %7C0%7C639259421171181718%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FbXB
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIs
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IkFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=M%2B5
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HNcZ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> uksX8b%2BjfgtYAr8Nd7bgIlCY3WgTAnj09mws%3D&reserved=0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that I'll get
>>>>>>> merged
>>>>>>>>>>> soon.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'd like to cherry-pick this to 4.4, given it's a
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> one-line
>>>>>>> change
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> seems low
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> risk.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What do you think?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bill
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2026 at 5:02 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <[email protected]>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Bill
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks for updating us, yes please go ahead and
>>>>>>> cherry-pick it to
>>>>>>>>>>> 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 14 Aug 2026, at 21:59, Bill Bejeck <
>>>>>> [email protected]>
>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Omnia and Chia-Ping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have a minor docs PR
>>>>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%253
>>>>>>>>>> A%2F
>>>>>>>>>> %2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull%2F23131&data=05%7C02%
>>>>>>>>>> 7Cvi
>>>>>>>>>> vek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e
>>>>>>>>>> 7c9b
>>>>>>>>>> %7C92e84cebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C6392594211711
>>>>>>>>>> 9276
>>>>>>>>>> 1%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwL
>>>>>>>>>> jAuM
>>>>>>>>>> DAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0
>>>>>>>>>> %7C%
>>>>>>>>>> 7C%7C&sdata=ukIv2RLy2b9sFU71fr%2Fv7Y6Yu2ePyPSasWLWL5mjHxs%3
>>>>>>>>>> D&re
>>>>>>>>>> served=0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> just merged into trunk.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ok to cherry-pick to 4.4?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bill
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2026 at 4:48 PM Bill Bejeck <
>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Omnia and Chia-Ping,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've merged my blocker fix to trunk and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cherry-picked
>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I initially raised the issue here <
>>>>>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%25
>>>>>>>>>>> 3A%252
>>>>>>>>>>> F%2Flists.apache.org%2Fthread%2Fsktbl653wbxhbhbfsgh54bwd3j
>>>>>>>>>>> gspq
>>>>>>>>>>> y4&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.com%7Ccf6a1bb
>>>>>>>>>>> 1677
>>>>>>>>>>> a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7
>>>>>>>>>>> C0%7
>>>>>>>>>>> C0%7C639259421171203611%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU
>>>>>>>>>>> 1hcG
>>>>>>>>>>> kiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFp
>>>>>>>>>>> bCIs
>>>>>>>>>>> IldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=INqQSp2yIU32gR%2B2VAB5
>>>>>>>>>>> fNKv
>>>>>>>>>>> BL3oEtxAB3Oavk10a40%3D&reserved=0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bill
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2026 at 1:38 PM <
>>>>>>> [email protected]>
>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthias I had a look all seems very small and no
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> risk
>>>>>>> please
>>>>>>>>>> go
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ahead
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and cherry pick them to 4.4 Sent from my iPhone
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 14 Aug 2026, at 16:50, Matthias J. Sax <
>>>>>>> [email protected]>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have three smaller merged PRs I would like to
>>>>>>> cherry-pick
>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> branch. If we don't cherry-pick now, I would need
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> cycle
>>>>>>>>>> back
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cherry-pick for 4.4.1 release what seems
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unnecessary
>>>>>>>>>> bookkeeping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> overhead.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Given that we are waiting for some blockers to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> get
>>>>>>> resolved
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyway,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> there should be zero impact on the release; all
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> three
>>>>>>> are low
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> risk of
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> course.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please let me know:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> url=
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %2F2
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3080&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.c
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> om%7
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 47ab
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> be52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421171215558%7C
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unkn
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> own%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOi
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IwLj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oyfQ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=oF%2BPjMDdOQDss3QxR9r%
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2F%2
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FjW7nhL1Iunu5dubJcUXYnA%3D&reserved=0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> url=
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %2F2
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3002&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.c
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> om%7
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 47ab
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> be52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421171226569%7C
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unkn
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> own%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOi
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IwLj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oyfQ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=DzcazwXVhB1UR4wqr1cwVf
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BLiY
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COnUbx0mYYUndfqEs%3D&reserved=0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> url=
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka%2Fpull
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %2F2
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3143&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40ericsson.c
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> om%7
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7C92e84cebfbfd
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 47ab
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> be52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C639259421171237423%7C
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unkn
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> own%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOi
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IwLj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oyfQ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=CT7smpBlng9Vl9JLl80S4t
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> b3M1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> y%2BPZDnitI885eTP2I%3D&reserved=0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -Matthias
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 8/12/26 9:53 AM, José Armando García Sancio
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> via
>>>>>> dev
>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Chia-Ping,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That decision sounds good to me. I marked it as
>>>>>> fixed
>>>>>>> in
>>>>>>>>>> 4.5.0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> will not cherry pick it to the 4.4 branch.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2026 at 12:36 PM Chia-Ping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tsai <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hi José
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Actually, we did NOT extend the code freeze :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The only commits we are pushing to the 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> branch
>>>>>>> right now
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> are to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> revert incomplete KIPs.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KAFKA-16517 is a kind of performance
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> optimization,
>>>>>>> right?
>>>>>>>>>> If
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> so, it
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> doesn't seem necessary for 4.4.0.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Best,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chia-Ping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> José Armando García Sancio via dev <
>>>>>>> [email protected]>
>>>>>>>>>> 於
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2026年8月13日週四 上午12:28寫道:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Chia-Ping,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks for volunteering to release 4.4. Since
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> we
>>>>>>> extended
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the code
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> freeze to Aug 19th, I would like to include
>>>>>>> KAFKA-16517 in
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> release.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Do you agree? Can I cherry pick the commit
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fkafka
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> %2Fp
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ull%2F22805&data=05%7C02%7Cvivek.b.agarwal%40
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> eric
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sson.com%7Ccf6a1bb1677a4ceebcaa08df1b0e7c9b%7
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> C92e
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 84cebfbfd47abbe52080c6b87953f%7C0%7C0%7C63925
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 9421
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 171247921%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hcGk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIs
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IkFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sda
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ta=u
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> u6%2B9nxAse3Zy9wV9rvuw6I%2FmQTJi1dlMEw%2FgsPv
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> av4%
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3D&reserved=0) to
>>>>>>> the 4.4
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> branch?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -José
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>> 

Reply via email to