In #2, do you refer to advertising the "internal" hostname instead of
the external one?
In this case, will it be enough to use getCanonicalHostName (which
uses a name service)?

Note that I think the problem the blog reported (wrong name
advertised) is somewhat orthogonal to the question of which interface
we bind to (which should probably be the default interface).

Gwen