Hi, quick circle back around so folks are aware.

The security tickets are tracked here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA/component/12324383/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:component-issues-panel

If you want to jump in on a ticket please do!  If no one is assigned then
assign it to your self, ask questions, start coding and give it a go! If
you can't assign to yourself send email on list with the ticket number and
your user name.  Someone can then assign it to you and also add perms in
JIRA so moving forward you can do that too. If someone is already assigned
they may be working on it already.  If it has been 3 weeks (lets say) and
no patches/comments, etc then a ping in any case I think is good to-do
regardless.

A patch should be going up tomorrow for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1684 that includes the
MetaDataResponse changes required too for channel (plaintext and ssl) port
advertisement.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC