Hi Folks,

I'm open sourcing a scalable Kafka InputFormat.  As far as I know or am aware
of, my version is unique compared to other Kafka InputFormats out there, in
that input splits are mapped to Kafka log files, rather than entire Kafka
partitions.  Mapping Kafka log files to input splits scales your Map/Reduce job
by the amount of data left to consume in a queue, whereas mapping input splits
to entire partitions always gives you a constant number of input splits.

I wrote up a blog post about it
here<http://www.conductor.com/nightlight/data-stream-processing-bulk-kafka-hadoop/>,
 and the source code for my KafkaInputFormat is on
github<https://github.com/Conductor/kangaroo>.  Your questions, comments and
feedback are welcomed and much appreciated!

Thanks,
Casey Green