Hey, I wanted to start a quick convo around some changes on trunk. Not sure
this requires a KIP since it is kind of internal and shouldn't affect users
but we can decide if so and link this thread to that KIP if so (and keep
the discussion going on the thread if makes sense).

Before making any other broker changes I wanted to see what folks thought
about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1845 ConfigDec patch.

I agree it will be nice to standardize and use one configuration and
validation library across the board. It helps in a lot of different changes
we have been discussing also in 0.8.3 and think we should make sure it is
what we want if so then: review, commit and keep going.

Thoughts?

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC