Martin Lemanski created KAFKA-1940:
--------------------------------------
Summary: Initial checkout and build failing
Key: KAFKA-1940
URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1940
Project: Kafka
Issue Type: Bug
Components: build
Affects Versions: 0.8.1.2
Environment: Groovy: 1.8.6
Ant: Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.2 compiled on July 8 2013
Ivy: 2.2.0
JVM: 1.8.0_25 (Oracle Corporation 25.25-b02)
OS: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Reporter: Martin Lemanski
when performing `gradle wrapper` and `gradlew build` as a "new" developer, I
get an exception:
{code}
C:\development\git\kafka>gradlew build --stacktrace
<...>
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':core:compileScala'.
> com.typesafe.zinc.Setup.create(Lcom/typesafe/zinc/ScalaLocation;Lcom/typesafe/zinc/SbtJars;Ljava/io/File;)Lcom/typesaf
e/zinc/Setup;
{code}
Details: https://gist.github.com/mlem/ddff83cc8a25b040c157
Current Commit:
{code}
C:\development\git\kafka>git rev-parse --verify HEAD
71602de0bbf7727f498a812033027f6cbfe34eb8
{code}
I am evaluating kafka for my company and wanted to run some tests with it, but
couldn't due to this error. I know gradle can be tricky and it's not easy to
setup everything correct, but this kind of bugs turns possible commiters/users
off.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)