Hi,

I put together a (very) short summary of the discussion and decisions:

KIPs:
We reviewed the list of KIPs posted here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

* KIP-2: Ready for formal vote
* KIP-3: Discussion closed. There’s a new KIP (14) for standardizing
command line options.
* KIP-4: Need to think about and document APIs in detail, update KIP
and discuss.
* KIP-5: Need some fleshing out in the KIP - open questions about how
exactly it will be used
* KIP-6: Everyone should go back to review the KIP.
* KIP-7:  Ready for vote
* KIP-12: Sriharsha will put in a blueprint for discussion
* KIP-13: Need more discussion in mailing list about specific details

* Ewen had good suggestion on how to fix the port binding in tests.
* Create KIP to remove JDK6 support

Gwen