The proposal itself looks reasonable, but I have a couple of
questions as you made reference to "operators of the system; and
network team" in your wiki.

- Are spoofing attacks a concern even with this in place? If so, it
  would require some sort of internal ingress filtering which
  presumably need cooperation with network teams right?
- Also, the operators of the (Kafka) system really should have access
  to iptables on the Kafka brokers so wouldn't this feature be
  effectively redundant?

Thanks,

Joel