Hi Aditya, thanks for the writeup.

Lets say a broker follower goes down. And it is down for an hour or two....

When the broker follower comes back up it will start sending fetch requests
(lets say every 2ms which would be under a configured lets say 100ms
(whatever)). Then right away the brokers gets added back to the ISR?

Maybe it is just the wording or how I am reading it... I think/thought that
once the replica is caught up THEN the setting goes into action and as long
as (every 100ms ... whatever) the broker leader is seeing the broker
follower as "caught up" then it is in the ISR.

Also, what is the definition of "caught up" now without the number of
messages? If it is === i worry about that not happening in some networks
where it is always off by one or something maybe?

~ Joe Stein

  http://www.stealth.ly