One other thought. Does the timing of the implementation (or lack thereof)
affect the proposal? It seems like the question you are asking is an
implementation detail in terms of when the work would be done. If there
isn't really support for the KIP that's ok, just wanting to make sure we
are segmenting the vote for the KIP from concerns about implementation
timing.

Thanks!

Jeff

--