Andrii,

2. So the idea is to immediately start replicating those replicas on the
failed directory to the other directories? An IOException can be caused by
a disk running out of space. In this case, perhaps an admin may want to
bring down the broker, free up some disk space and restart the broker? This
introduces less data movement.

Thanks,

Jun