Hi,

I've been investigating using Kafka for a multi-user system that applies quotas
at a per-user level.  Reading through KIP-13 and KAFKA-1682, I wondered: are
there any plans to link together the security principal and client identifier
in some way?  Currently it appears these are separate concepts - so I can't see
any way to apply a quota based on the authenticated identity of a user.

Regards
- Adrian

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.