Hi Jun,

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Jun Rao <j...@confluent.io> wrote:

> We will also need to figure out if we need CONTRIBUTING.md like the
> following to take care of the Apache licensing stuff.
>
> https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Yes indeed. That is in step 3 of the "missing pieces" in the original email.

As for merging changes, I think squashing the commits will be ideal during
> merge.

The script does squash commits during merge indeed. It also includes
retains a bunch of useful information in the commit message. I think one
loses some of the benefits of git when using a one squashed commit per PR
approach, but that is a separate issue and I am not suggesting a change in
this regard at this point.

> Also, it would be great if we can always put the latest changes on
> top during the merge.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, do you mean updating the working
copy with the latest from trunk before merging? Or did I misunderstand?

Best,
Ismael