Ashish,

1. That was the plan. We put some effort into cleanly separating the
framework so it would be reusable across many projects.
2. I think you're seeing a test in progress where the final report hasn't
been created yet. If you visit one of the older ones you'll see it has a
landing page with links:
http://testing.confluent.io/confluent_platform/2015-05-20--001/ Apparently
we need to adjust when we update the 'latest' symlink. The logs that are
collected for tests are configurable, and service implementations include
sane defaults (so, e.g., you will always get the normal log file for Kafka,
but only get the data files if the test asks for them).
3. No code coverage support. Haven't looked into it, so I couldn't comment
on how hard it would be to add.

-Ewen

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Ashish Singh <asi...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Geoffrey,
>
> This looks great!
>
> A few questions.
> 1. Will ducktape be maintained separately as a github repo?
> 2. How easy is viewing the test results and logs. The link in KIP,
> http://testing.confluent.io/confluent_platform/latest/, lists a bunch of
> files and dirs. Could you add to KIP how the result and logs for the tests
> will be organized.
> 3. Does it support code coverage? If not, how easy/ difficult would it be?
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Geoffrey Anderson <ge...@confluent.io>
> wrote:
>
> > Great, I'll work on putting together a more detailed map of this
> > replacement process.
> >
> > On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Gwen Shapira <gshap...@cloudera.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Love this idea :)
> > >
> > > I took a look at Ducktape API and it looks like a good fit - clean API,
> > > extensible, easy to use and powerful enough for our use-case.
> > >
> > > Something I'd like to see as part of the KIP is a map of what
> system-test
> > > currently tests, which ones we want to replace and a JIRA for replacing
> > > (possibly one for each group of tests).
> > > Basically, I know we all want to use the new system for new test cases
> > > (upgrades, etc), but I really want to make sure we don't get stuck with
> > > both systems forever.
> > >
> > > Gwen

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP+-+25+System+test+improvements

> --