As we have discussed in today's KIP, here is the list of tasks that is left
before we can cut the first release of new consumer (and hence 0.8.3):

"project = KAFKA AND resolution = Unresolved AND fixVersion = 0.8.3 AND
component = consumer"

in

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=

There are 8 of them and all tagged with Critical now. I have also updated
the umbrella ticket KAFKA-1326 accordingly to reflect the current status
(sub-tasks up to #.22 should be included in the first release). People are
welcomed to help jumping on some unassigned tickets / reviewing
patch-available ones so that we can complete the first release as soon as
possible.

-- Guozhang