On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Joe Stein <joe.st...@stealth.ly> wrote:

> If the patch lives on a pull request and is a simple hotfix a committer
> could +1 and commit it. I don't see anything in the
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Bylaws preventing this
> already now.

Good.

> I guess I am still struggling between what is not setup that
> you think we need to get setup or changes that you are looking to make
> differently? What are we trying to discuss and decide up in regards to
> this?

Nothing needs to be set-up. It's just a matter of agreeing the process so
that the new (in-progress) page for contributing code changes can be
accurate (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Contributing+Code+Changes).
If you look at http://kafka.apache.org/contributing.html, it says that a
JIRA needs to be created, for example. Also, in the original pull request
thread, Guozhang said the same. If you think differently, it's even more
reason to clarify our position. :)

Best,
Ismael