Hi,

I'm looking forward to a benchmark which can explain how many total number
of topics and partitions can be created in a cluster of n nodes, given the
message size varies between x and y bytes and how does it vary with varying
heap sizes and how it affects the system performance.

e.g. the result should look like: t topics with p partitions each can be
supported in a cluster of n nodes with a heap size of h MB, before the
cluster sees things like JVM crashes or high mem usage or system slowdown
etc.

I think such benchmarks must exist so that we can make better decisions on
ops side
If these details dont exist, I'll be doing this test myself on varying the
values of parameters described above. I would be happy to share the numbers
with the community

Thanks,
prabcs