There's always a plan!

The contributor page only lists github as a valid contribution method.

Theoretically the committers / reviewers should start asking contributors
who upload patches to send PRs instead and point them at the contributors
page (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Contributing+Code+Changes
).

Patches that are "in flight" will continue in their current trajectory
(i.e. we won't ask anyone in review process to move to github PR).

Once all "in flight" patches are either committed or rejected (expect a
month or two), we'll remove all trace of the old process from the wiki and
remove the tool from our trunk.

Sounds good?