Hi Jay,

I'm not sure I understand the "group commit". Can you elaborate a little
bit?

The ISR change are actually on a per partition base. When a broker fails
and come back, there could be thousands of ISR changes in say 30 seconds.
In that case how would you group them? In terms of ISR shrinking, it is
already sort of grouped because ISR shrinking check runs periodically. Not
sure how ISR expansion would work here.

Another approach might be just only use ISR shrinking check to propagate
ISR change, so we basically reuse replica.lag.time.max.ms. But I feel
reusing configuration usually causes more confusion than adding a new one.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) QIn