Hi Guozhang,
Can you please re-review KAFKA 1778 design.

Just to provide background for this ticket. This was a sub-ticket of kafka
admin commands KIP-4.
The goal of this was to avoid cascading controller moves maybe during
rolling broker bounce.

The approaches discussed were as follows:
a) Use a preferred controller admin command which can be used to
dynamically indicate a preferred controller.
b) Use configuration to set a whitelist or blacklist of brokers which are
eligible to become a controller.

Can we have consensus on how we want to resolve this issue.

-Abhishek