Hi, Guozhang,

Thanks for reading the KIP. By "old consumer", I meant the
ZookeeperConsumerConnector in trunk now, i.e. without this bug fixed. If we
fix the ZookeeperConsumerConnector then it will throw exception complaining
about the unsupported version when it sees message format V1. What I was
trying to say is that if we have some ZookeeperConsumerConnector running
without the fix, the consumer will complain about CRC mismatch instead of
unsupported version.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin