Ah, I see, I think I misunderstood about MM, it was called out in the
proposal and I thought you were saying you'd retain the timestamp but I
think you're calling out that you're not. In that case you do have the
opposite problem, right? When you add mirroring for a topic all that data
will have a timestamp of now and retention won't be right. Not a blocker
but a bit of a gotcha.

-Jay