GitHub user granders opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/229

    KAFKA-1888 [WIP]: rolling upgrade test

    @ewencp @gwenshap
    This needs some refactoring to avoid the duplicated code between
replication test and upgrade test, but in shape for initial feedback.

    I'm interested in feedback on the added `KafkaConfig` class and
`kafka_props` file. This addition makes it:
    - easier to attach different configs to different nodes (e.g. during broker
upgrade process)
    - easier to reason about the configuration of a particular node

    Notes:
    - in the default values in the KafkaConfig class, I removed many properties
which were in kafka.properties before. This is because most of those properties
were set to what is already the default value.
    - when running non-trunk VerifiableProducer, I append the trunk tools jar
to the classpath, and run it with the non-trunk kafka-run-class.sh script

    $ git pull https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka KAFKA-1888-upgrade-test

    https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/229.patch

    This closes #229

----
commit 22eae20df7ced03ca49f2f97033c21809c19c2e9
Author: Geoff Anderson <ge...@confluent.io>
Date:   2015-09-02T23:24:01Z

    Added simple mechanism for setting version on a Kafka node. Also updated
provisioning script to bring in kafka 0.8.2.1, and included simple sanity tests.

commit 1fe461d1e6a9aa28fa23ce61a85ad5722691e003
Author: Geoff Anderson <ge...@confluent.io>
Date:   2015-09-15T01:04:44Z

    Added sanity checks on VerifiableProducer - check that we can successfully
start and produce on trunk and on 0.8.2.1

commit 06dcb337ced72876bc03d0242e88971ea4bf57a6