Good write-up Ashish.

Looking at one of the rejected alternatives got me thinking:
"Modify request/ response formats to take namespace specifically.

Solves the issue of delimiting string required in proposed approach and the
issue with existing regex consumers.
This definitely is the cleanest approach. However, will require lots of API
and protocol changes. This is listed in rejected alternatives, but we
should totally consider this as an option."

I think we could actually achieve this without any protocol change at all
by moving the namespace token to the common request header's ClientId field.
E.g.: .. RequestHeader { ..., ClientId = "myclient@mynamespace", ... }

That would provide the desired per-request namespacing and in theory the
existing clients dont even need to be updated as long as the clientId is
configurable (which it should be).

My two cents,
Magnus