James,

That's correct. You can find the current Kafka Streams code under the
streams package in Kafka trunk. The state store API is at
org.apache.kafka.streams.state. There are examples of using the low-level
processor API as well as the DSL under org.apache.kafka.streams.examples
and more are coming soon.

Thanks,
Neha

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM, James Cheng <jch...@tivo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I've heard that the upcoming Kafka Streams has something like
> Samza's local state key-value database. That is, something that looks like
> a key-value store that saves all writes to Kafka, and that can then later
> be reinitialized from Kafka.
>
> Does such a thing exist? Can someone point me to it? I'd like to learn
> more about it.
>
> Thanks,
> -James

> This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
> material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying,
> or distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
> immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No
> employee or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding
> agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by email. Binding agreements with TiVo
> Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.

Neha