I am working on the List/Alter ACLs patch (
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1005) for KIP-4 and have a few
questions around expectations for an Authorizer implementation:

   - What is the expected behavior when I add the same ACL twice?
   - What is the expected behavior when I remove an ACL that is not set?
   - What type of "permission inheritance" is an implementer of the
   Authorizer interface supposed to follow:
   - Example: READ or WRITE automatically grants DESCRIBE
   - Is the Authorizer implementation expected to manage blocking/local
   cache consistency across all instances?
      - Or should all requests go to 1 instance?
      - This is related to the bug found while working on this patch:
      KAFKA-3328 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3328>

Thanks,
Grant

--