Kafka Streams look great, but there is one thing I don't seem to find a way
to do:

- read a topic from beginning even if there is a offset saved:

         I have :

             props.put(StreamsConfig.AUTO_OFFSET_RESET_CONFIG, "earliest");

        this works as described if there is no offset save.

      For a normal consumer we have:

              seekToBeginning

In KafkaConsumer:

Line 132:

NetworkClient netClient = new NetworkClient(new
Selector(config.getLong("connections.max.idle.ms").longValue(),
this.metrics, this.time, metricGrpPrefix, metricsTags,
channelBuilder), this.metadata, this.clientId, 100,
config.getLong("reconnect.backoff.ms").longValue(),
config.getInt("send.buffer.bytes").intValue(),
config.getInt("receive.buffer.bytes").intValue(),
config.getInt("request.timeout.ms").intValue(), this.time);
this.client = new ConsumerNetworkClient(netClient, this.metadata,
this.time, this.retryBackoffMs);
OffsetResetStrategy offsetResetStrategy =
OffsetResetStrategy.valueOf(config.getString("auto.offset.reset").toUpperCase());
this.subscriptions = new SubscriptionState(offsetResetStrategy);

I can't find any way to set the consumer using StreamsConfig
properties to seekToBeginning or to set subscriptionState to need
offset reset.

*Is there a way to force the consumption of a topic from begging using
Kafka Streams?*

Thank you for all the support provided,

Maria Abramiuc