Hello,

I have some questions related to properties of Apache Kafka. We have a four
node Kafka Cluster which is on Amazon EMR. Currently, in order to change
any properties we do restart the servers to pick the new changes made. For
the following:

1. Can we change the topic name that a producer is writing to
2. Can we change the bootstrap server list
3. Can we change the consumer group name
4. Can we change the number of consumers etc. and be able to verify and
measure that the change is picked up and did not result in lost or
duplicate message nor introduce any consumer lag

Is it possible to change these properties without restarting the servers ?
I mean can we change these dynamically using Archaius (
https://github.com/Netflix/archaius/wiki)?

Reply me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Vijju