Hi folks,

We've been working on a proof-of-concept for KIP-63 and that can now be
found at the main JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3776)
under PR https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1752. It is still work in
progress, however we are confident that the basic structure is there.

As part of this work, we've also updated the KIP to clarify several things,
listed here for convenience:

- Clarify that the optimization is applicable to aggregations and to
operators. It is not applicable to joins.
- Clarify that for the low-level Processor API, we propose to allow users
for disabling caching on a store-by-store basis using a new
.enableCaching() call.

We'll start the voting process shortly for this KIP.

Thanks
Eno