Hi All,

Currently, it seems not possible with KStream to produce messages to topics
which are not known until runtime.

For a new project I am evaluating the Kafka Connect / Kafka Streams
architecture but without that feature I cannot retain the KStreams API.

Our use case is pretty basic. We have xml messages in input of our
topology.
Each message is splitted into subtypes and formatted in Avro before being
sent to a dedicated topic.

So the output topics depend of the subtype of each message.

I think it would be nice to add methods into the KStream interface to
provide such feature.

If you think that feature would be usefull I can create a jira and
contribute to it.
Also, do I need to create a new KIP as this requires changes on a public
API ?

Florian HUSSONNOIS