Hi James,

We would send currently our message headers wrapper so we can have some
platform/audit data even on the delete available. We find having a custom
wrapper means some of our internal platform pieces we currently cannot open
source or share but would love to (see kip-82)

This data still needed on a delete from our message headers wrapper for our
tooling and platform needs:

General:

Transaction guid’s used by our APM tooling to track and trace a transaction
through multiple systems.
ClusterId (we have this custom set on old brokers and look to transition to the
new clusterId available in 0.10.1.0)  this is used by our inter datacenter
replication tool that keeps our clusters in multiple DC’s and regions where
needed in sync
       we can do this because expect/design our system so a single key for a
data piece to be transactioned only in one DC (unless DC failure) but can have
different keys transactioned in other DC’s. But DC’s need a full global view
and from app perspective agnostic to their DC (platform does this).
       this system is always on and we alert if any consuming lag, as such we
can expect to get every event (even on compaction)
       this system reconciles on restart if we find consumer lag > x
predetermined time value (sub minute we set this)

We also have the following setup for some flows:

App -> compacted topic -> replicator -> event topic

Apps use kafka for compacted topics for k,v stores instead of the likes of
postgres, just as per the details in bottled water or any CDC solution, you
want to capture every change (including delete), there is some business meta
data even on a DB delete that you want to capture the traditional, who, what,
where and when set of data that a) needs to be captured when deleting data, and
like wise we need to still replicate to our event topics for storage, audit and
replay needs.

Cheers
Mike