Hi Rajini,

I think we should avoid making changes like that in patch releases as it
means that code that compiles with 0.10.1.1 may not compile with 0.10.1.0.
Since we now have frequent time based releases, I think it makes sense for
patch releases to only include bug fixes and test stability fixes.

About the specific changes that you mention, I didn't see a discussion
about compatibility guarantees that are expected by people who subclass
these classes so I think it was a bit premature to merge the ProducerRecord
and ConsumerRecord final removal change.

Ismael